Welcome to kathylevine.com.
If you have trouble limiting the amount of nuts you’re eating, portion control bags may help. These Portion Control Bags on Amazon are a popular solution. They are marked for 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 3/4 cup and 1 cup levels. There is no need for measuring cups when making your own custom snack packs with these BPA-free zippered plastic bags.
Save money buying in bulk and using the bags. They are convenient for putting a snack in your purse or briefcase. They even come with a handy calorie chart for nuts and other snacks, mostly from 100 to 200 calories.
Easy, Healthy, Low Calorie Alternative Diet Dessert
6 oz. cup FAGE Total 0% Strained Greek Yogurt (90 calories)
1 Tbs. Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa (10 calories)
4 Packets Whole Earth Nature Sweet Stevia and Monk Fruit Blend Sweetener (0 calories)
Add powder and sweetener to yogurt. Stir together well. Enjoy!
No need to cook or pre-chill. 100 calories that are filling and healthy with live cultures and no growth hormones.
Problem: How to diet without feeling hungry.
Solution: Very low calorie foods and drinks with high fiber and/or water content that satisfy for hours.
Here is a list of filling food and drinks to use as snacks or add to meals to keep hunger in check while dieting:
- Konjac Noodles -Made from the konjac plant, these low-carb, filling noodles that are about 97% water and 3% soluble fiber. Miracle Noodle® brand makes some of the lowest calorie noodles in a variety of shapes. For example, their white angel hair pasta is 0 calories (yes: zero!) per serving (vs. 134 calories for most spaghetti). Rinse before cooking. It has very little flavor, so you may want to add your own seasonings. There are a variety of shapes,textures, and flavors (with varying calorie contents) including fettuccine, rice-shaped, and green spinach. If you are looking for konjac noodles with a texture, color, and flavor more similar to traditional pasta, chose the yellow Pasta Zero® products. The calories are higher due to ingredients added to the konjac, such as chickpea flour. The Pasta Zero® Fettuccine has 15 calories per serving. Skinny Pasta® has a nice flavor and smell with 9 calories per serving.
- Natural, Zero-calorie Soda – Zevia® soda has zero calories per serving and is sweetened with natural Stevia® sweetener. The recommended flavors are Cream Soda and Ginger Root Beer Soda (not the Ginger Ale flavor). The drinks can satisfy your sweet tooth; the carbonation can make your stomach feel full.
- Low-calorie Broth – Soup can be very filling and satisfying as a quick snack in a mug or as an appetizer to prevent overeating at mealtime. Pacific Foods™ makes packs of individual-sized 8 ounce cartoons of organic, free-range chicken broth that are only 10 calories. It is available in regular or low-sodium varieties.
- Lettuce- Lettuce has a high water and fiber content. Iceberg Lettuce is particularly low in calories. 1-1/2 cups of shredded iceberg lettuce is about 15 calories. It provides immediate crunch-satisfaction and the fiber can stave off hunger. The obvious seasoning is adding salt and pepper, but experiment with flavored vinegars (no oil) and other spices such as a curry.
- Low Calorie Infusion Drinks- Bai® makes drinks that help you extend the time between meals. Sweetened with natural Stevia® leaf extract, they also provide anti-oxidants. Their filling Molokai Coconut® is slightly thick and sweet, with only 10 calories per bottle. The Andes Coconut Lime® has an added slightly tart kick. The Kula Watermelon® has a sweet, juicy flavor, while the Ipanema Pomegranate® is sweet and tart.